Thursday, June 21, 2007

Depression

The depression is getting worse. I had a doctor's visit this morning and I brought it up and the doctor wants me to see if I can wait to go on meds until after the baby is born. So I'm going to try a couple of dietary changes and he recommended a few vitamin supplements, so I'm going to try that. Hopefully it will at least take the edge off of things. He seems to think it's related to the bedrest, and the more I've thought about it since the appointment I think he's right. This isn't about Matt. He really isn't doing anything wrong. I'm not suicidal or anything, just down and crying a lot and feeling a lot of hopelessness for life in general. I'm so used to being crazy busy, and laying around like this is really getting to me.

4 comments:

Survived said...

I can certainly relate to what you're saying. My depression was, in part, due to my menopause, but when my mood was low, it definitely made me think more about the affair and what K was and wasn't doing to help me. More than likely your hormones are all over the place, too.

Take care. I hope you're feeling better pretty soon.

kissmekate said...

Not long to go now. I know how hard it is to have a difficult pregnancy. I was not bed ridden but my last pregnancy was really hard. I was in tears every single appointkment with my obstetrician from 26 weeks.

Hang in there! You will have a new little bundle of joy very soon that will make you smile and keep you busy.

(((((HUGS)))))

Anonymous said...

Ditto to all... Having all that time to think is not good for you at this stage. Need book suggestions? Let me know.

NaiveNoMore said...

Thank you for your comments. I'm sorry I haven't been around to respond. I'll give more info in the next post.