Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Baby is Here

Baby (Jack) is here. I've just been released from the hospital, but he is still there and very very sick. We are looking at endless NICU time due to how early he is and his complications. Matt and I are basically living at the hospital right now. Thank god that my mother is able to be with our older son right now.

I am a million times better now that I am not pregnant and my body is rapidly recovering. For every little bit that I heal it seems like our son gets that much worse.

Matt was able to reschedule almost his entire month worth of work, but he has a few things each week that he absolutely must do. I spent much of yesterday informing my clients of the situation and referring them on to other people if necessary.

This has been so hard. The complications I had with Little Guy (Michael) were exactly that-- MY complications. He was healthy except for a bit of jaundice. I can deal with illness in myself, but not my kids. There is no end in sight for the baby. It seems like every time we take a break from the hospital to go eat or come home and sleep we come back to another setback or a progression in his illness, or another new worry popping up. I can hardly sleep because every time I do I dream that someone calls to tell us that he has died...

I needed so much to write all this down. I needed the release. In a way writing helps me to process things, and that is why this blog has been so helpful. I know you all come here to read about my relationship with Matt and the ups and downs there, but this is one of those things that will dramatically affect us in the days and weeks and months to come, and it is my life right now. It is the whole world right now.

3 comments:

kissmekate said...

Naive I am glad to hear that you are on the mend.

Let's hope that your new little man has the same fight in him as his mum. Each day will be a blessing and pray that each day a blessing may come your way.

Sending you and your family huge hugs. You are all in my prayers.

choose me. . . . love me said...

I will pray for your family and your newborn. Please feel like you can go off topic and blog about your little one; that is so important too. You've been through a lot lately. And seriously, I will pray. What a scary thing to have to go through.

Anonymous said...

Oh naive and Matt- I am so thinking of you and sending you positive energy. Wish there were more I could do than post! Don't forget to take care of yourself too. We're here for you best we can.