Sunday, December 16, 2007

Hitting Refresh

Matt asked me to marry him.


Again.


So we're getting "re-married" in January. New vows, non-traditional, just us and a very select group of about 5 people who have helped us through everything.


We're having a do-over if you will. No starry-eyed "so in love" wedding. This is a ceremony of commitment and a fresh page for us... remembering the past to make our future better. There is nothing about this that makes me think "oh, this is really it" or anything like that. It's just a way for both of us to acknowledge the work we've both put in to our relationship and that we are ready to be a different couple than we've been before.


I know there are all different feelings about a ceremony of this sort, and until recently I would never have considered it. In fact, the thought of renewing a commitment to Matt just about made me sick. I'm ready now though. I'm ready to commit myself back to the relationship with my eyes fully opened. I'm ready to see where we're going.

8 comments:

kissmekate said...

I spoke to Charlie about having a recommitment ceremony between the two of us as well.

My vision was similar to yours, just the two of us with handwritten 'vows' as to what it was that we were prepared to give to the marriage.

I really hope it all goes well for you!

akakarma said...

Oh Naive- I am so happy for you. And Matt and your children. Good for you! I made my H sign a statement new contract soon after we decided to stay married and it was very helpful. Wish I could say I'd get re-married at this point but I'm here! I hope you'll feel comfortable posting about it?

Divorcing Meg said...

If you aren't in love, why marry him again? I don't understand re-committing if there is no love left. It seems like a big lie. Wouldn't you be better off going your separate ways?

kissmekate said...

Mistress is it that you cant read or is it that your comprehension skills are a little lacking?

Naive has not stated that she doesn't love Matt.

Mistress I have never understood your issues with betrayed wives. Is it that the man of your dreams left you for his wife, dumped you fair on your ass, and now you feel angry towards the wives that stole 'the man' away from the lowlife mistresses of the world?

You need to move along and get over your issues. Perhaps you could find yourself another man, but I give you one piece of advice.........make sure he is not married before you get involved with him.


Sorry Naive for using your blog but this Illinois piece of shit really gets up my nose.

Divorcing Meg said...

"no starry eyed 'so in love' wedding"

That phrase, to me, does not speak of certain love. It sounds, on paper, like a legal commitment - and maybe that is all it is. I hope, for your sake Naive, that I misunderstood. I am just curious as to why someone would want to recommit so quickly unless they WERE starry eyed in love. No offense was intended.

I don't know you Kate, but you certainly presume to know me. Fortunately for me, you have it all wrong.

Happy new year!

NaiveNoMore said...

Kate, it's good to see you back. I'd love to know what's going on wtih you and Charlie.

kissmekate said...

Naive I will email you. Scum like 'mistress' got the better of me and I do not blog about it anymore.

akakarma said...

Kate- wonderful to hear from you! Come by my blog and let me know how things are going! Your blog is the one that got me started in the world of blogging. Mistress- if you are on the up and up why are you not public?